Friday 9 May 2008

The first interview... 3 days early!

Today was a really excellent day – we made a massive to-do list, and managed to cross off most of it.

In the morning we met our Professor, who’s looking after us. She came quite late – but this is India, this is Sindhudurg, and it’s really quite hot so no-one moves faster than snails place.

After a few hours running around doing various things we were at the civil hospital. From there we bombed it back to the college via a couple of cups of tea and a packet of biscuits, and met Prof Hindelekar who took us out to Kankavli. Here we met a doctor who works in maternal health and is particularly interested in the wider-determinants. She took us to a school, where her kids were playing some traditional sports – which have been reintroduced. She’s a bit of a legend, and it would be lovely to meet up again. Anyway, we got a half-hour interview – it was a bit off the cuff, and not particulary well explained etc. But I kind of feel that I just need to take my chances as they emerge.

Met another doctor there as well, the sun was going down – all rather beautiful really. Got back to the room via dinner and I think I might have lost my mobile – which is a pain, but I’m not going to cry about it… not worth it.

So – a really excellent day, I look forward to more of the same. Thanks to Anand as always – legend…

No comments: