Friday 16 May 2008

Chilling out a bit

Yesterday evening I "found the new Goa".. really, I did. The beach is absolutely beautiful, there's some great hut/tents to stay in, food's great - and it doesn't suffer the affliction of tourism that Goa has unfortunately succomed to. Not gonna name the place in public, though...

Today I went to visit a project that I'm really interested in - it's called 'homestay' and is all about creating a sustainable alternative to the "build 'em big" model of tourism that is normal. There's quite a few places to stay in Sindhudurg and I went to visit the deluxe one. Absolutely stunning. Apart from a great room in a rural area, you get to eat with an Indian family, be introduced to local cultural activities... basically, a nice way to see the 'real India'...http://www.cultureaangan.com/homestays.htm

No comments: